Friday, May 27, 2005

Beak meets the fleet

I was away from the blog serving as a friendly tour guide for fleet week. I am not as pretty as Pam but I know my city. I showed the sailors the route the brave people took from the investigations unit to the WTC and I showed them my route. Amazingly sexy tourists from the midwest wanted to hear my story.

I showed the sailors Wall Street the South Street Seaport . One of the Sailors is getting married in September so I showed him the Bridal building where they have sample sales every Saturday.

We encountered mostly friendly people except for NYU. Teamsters stopped picketing
and hugged the sailors and the Beak. The only place we ran into problem was NYU where the women ran and made snide remarks and at 14 street where the Commies were massing at 14th street. They kept wondering what this bizarre word Neocon was. I explained it means dirty Jewish Republicans.

The women at Staten Island stopped and tried to pick up the sailors. I served as the wingman and picked up the names of the clubs where the girls we rapped with were going to. The sailors learned New Yorkese Fuhget about it . I think only Jason and Pam know New Yorkese.

6 comments:

Esther said...

Oh, Beak, how fun!!!!!!! Show the boys a good time for us all, okay? And tell them how much we appreciate ALL that they do for us. :)

beakerkin said...

They were well recieved everywhere except NYU. Teamsters stopped protesting and high fived the sailors. Women stopped their cars but my friend kept forgetting to name his ship so the women could visit. The old Beakster had to find the clubs . The sailors picked up real fast on my technique.

Jason Pappas said...

That's great. I'm glad you showed them that we have respect and gratitude for their service. Obviously NYU and Union Square haven’t changed much in the last 50 years but they were probably expecting worse from a "blue state". And the hard-hats and other workingmen showed more class than the spoiled NYU students.

beakerkin said...

Jason : I am glad you said how I feel.The amount of love shown to the sailores was amazing . Cars pulled up and women kissed the sailors . Senior citizens enbraced
the sailors.

It broke my heart that the students in NYU were so rude. I guess book smart and class are seperate. The sailors wanted to know what this neocon word was that some people I knew in Union Square were calling me. I told them it means evil Jewish Republican

Jason Pappas said...

LOL ... Neocon! Yes, it's the new "code" word. It's the one thing that the far left and Pat Buchannan have in common.

By the way, I see we are listed in a NYC Republican : http://www.slantpoint.com/

It looks like they found all of us!

beakerkin said...

Jason

I saw that as well . I think I have met the owner of that blog.
I wonder how he found us. It is a new resource.