Sunday, August 15, 2010

Off to enjoy another day in the Guyanese Community

I have spent the last few days enjoying time with the local Guyanese community. For me it is a relaxing experience. I get to tell jokes and interact with ordinary folks. I enjoy meeting electricians and mechanics and having a beer with friends. My relationship with a local woman is very accepted as I support the community in its charity work. Guyanese woman can be very charming and do chase bachelors over 40. Of course this would likely get me planted in a box by my current girlfriend.

I will not claim that the community is perfect. It is very different from my own where alcoholism is unknown or very rare. We have forgotten about enjoying life in a maze of never ending inane dysfunctional families and over reliance upon mental health care professionals.

No comments: