Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mermaids are Halal

I want to tip my hat to my friend Abu Farris of Progressive Islam. Apparently according to Islamic religious authority mermaids are suitable for eating. Personally I think to do so without cocktail sauce is barbaric. Of course Westerners who are not subject to Islamic dietary restrictions will have to deduce the appropriate type of wine to use when eating mermaids. Of course if one follows the advice of our good friend and resident philosopher Mr. B just serve it with beer.

Then again if you cant hit it with a Buick it probably is not worth cooking anyway.

7 comments:

M. W. said...

Groucho could have said that any better.

M. W. said...

Couldn't, I mean.

Your styles are really quite similar. Something about the delivery, the cadence. Maybe it's genetic.

Alligator said...

So do you filet the bottom half while you ogle the top half?

beakerkin said...

Ok gator you got me on that one. I thought Mr. B would get the prize winner but that one wins hands up, pun intended.

Abu Farris is a decent guy who points out that religious scholars often have too much free time on their hands. He didn't find religious opinions on Unicorns.

I do not want to even think about the reaction if some scholar claimed you can enslave leprechauns. I really do not want to think of the cruelty to the wee folk.

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Batter fried mermaid filets!

beakerkin said...

Decent idea plus we were going to serve the mermaid with beer anyway.

Alligator said...

"Ok gator you got me on that one. I thought Mr. B would get the prize winner but that one wins hands up, pun intended."

What's the prize? A free membership to The Beak Speaks? :)