Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Selection day

On Thursday the powers that be will select their final twenty candidates. I am in the group but not a favorite. My seniority is low but I have actually worked the job.
If I make the cut that is fine, but if I do not I will wish those who do the best. I am also in the running for spots in the DC office.

However, at some point I will be sent to GA for six weeks of training. It is near the Fla border in the middle of nowhere. If I fail that then I would get terminated.
I guess I would drive to NYC and stop there.

Friday marks the end of the road for many of my coworkers. Some of them have been with the Federal Government for thirty years. Many of them have families and some of them are a couple of years from Social Security. I will miss my friends and if I do not make this cut I will join them at the end of January.

It is a good job and right now I compette with Grad students for available jobs. However, if there is another extension I would be bumped to lawyer level and that would improve my chances markedly.

I will let everyone know on Thursday but the Goverment tends to take its time. To the best of my knowledge none of the departing people are active candidates.

13 comments:

The Merry Widow said...

We'll be praying, you know that, right? If you're in Ga., you may be near enough to Jingoist to mabe see each other, that would be a hoot!
Rest easy, G*D's got it!

tmw

Anonymous said...

Will be keeping you in my prayers Beak.

I know you will make it just fine.

beakerkin said...

The exact town is Brunswick GA. I do not think that is close to Morgan or anything else. I might stop over in Norfolk with family. Only Mr Beamish drives 1000 miles in a day.

beakerkin said...

The exact town is Brunswick GA. I do not think that is close to Morgan or anything else. I might stop over in Norfolk with family. Only Mr Beamish drives 1000 miles in a day.

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Nothing wrong with driving 1000 miles in a day if where you gotta be is there.

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Heck, I remember driving up to Wis-freakin-consin after picking up a buddy of mine down in Memphis, Tennessee to attend a rave party that had a DJ I had heard in Detroit the night before.

Life's much slower now, thank you.

elmers brother said...

Beak I will be praying for you as well. I will be in NJ (45 miles west or so of NYC) the middle of October. Is it possible we could have dinner?

nanc said...

you'll be close to flo!

Purple Avenger said...

OT, but it looks like the Worker's Paradise™ gets to claim another 200,000-300,000 body mass grave as its own.

Previously chalked up as a Nazis attrocity(not to excuse them of anything), now it has been determined that it was actually Stalin purge victims based on forensic evidence dating it prior to the Nazi invasion.

H/T to HERE and HERE

beakerkin said...

Elmer I am nowhere near NYC. I am in the far North maybe 20 minutes from Montreal. I very seldom get down to NYC as it is an eight hour drive.

My understanding is that Florian lives in the North of the state. The GLYNCO facility is a former Naval base. If I were to be sent for training odds are I would be sent with a group from VT. Most do not bring their own cars but I am not going down for six weeks carless in the middle of nowhere.

beakerkin said...

Purple Avenger

I am glad you brought that subject up because Felis and myself have always told people that Stalin tried to blame his own attrocities on the Nazis. The Nazi attrocities were real enough but many people forget about the communist ones that came prior and after the Nazi ones.

The Merry Widow said...

Beaker- Having traveled through Ga. on the way to NC, the roads are good and straighter than VT. Hooking up with Flo shouldn't be too hard! And it would be good for you to have a blogger party, even if it's just you two. I bet you'd enjoy it.
Good morning, G*D bless and Maranatha!

tmw

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

So basically the corpses in the Ukraine were killed by Russian leftists instead of German leftists.