Monday, March 20, 2006

On the Hot Seat with Rob Bayn

This segment promises to be interesting as in the hot seat is Rob Bayn. Rob is an independent Gay activist and he disagrees with me frequently. However, as with the Duck he has bravely entered the Hot Seat so lets applaud his courage.

Stereotypes

1 On a recent post I was surprised to find out you are sort of a football fan. I say sort of because the Detroit Lions just haven't been interesting since Barry Sanders retired. Is the perception that gays do not watch team sports just a stereotype ?
2 What stereo type about gays annoys you the most ?
3 Is the Bette Midler and Bernadette Peters worhip an oddity of the local NYC community ? Middler is annoying and Peters is okay on Broadway.

Group rights
4 You and I differ on this subject. I see all rights belonging to the individual. However you feel that groups should have some rights ? Can you elaborate on that?
5 What are your views on affirmative action and Quotas ?

Fun
6 Have you ever driven a pickup truck
7 Have you ever tried bowling ?
8 Does any group wear tackier clothing then golfers ? When I see them it looks like a nerd envy thing
9 Do you watch horror films

World Issues
10 This readership is aware of the lack of human rights for gays in Muslim countries.
Are there any countries that persecute gays that just slip under the radar that we should be aware of.
11 What are your views on free trade ?
12 How do you view China ? Is it a friend , foe ?

National

13 Readers will be surprised that both of us support the same Presidential candidate ? What led you to the Rudy camp ?
14 Is leadership an important quality in a President ?
15 Is Joe Lieberman missing Charisma ?
16 Do you feel your choices in health care are limited ? Do you wish you could buy health insurance tailored to your needs

Pop Culture
17 I watched Will and Grace and it is funny but I found Ellen not funny. Is the quality of writing a part of the reason Will and Grace was a sucsess and Ellen was a flop.
18 What did you think of the show Friends ?
19 What do you think of Simon of American Idol ? I can't stand him and would love to watch a show who gets to kick Simons butt. There are plenty of people who disagree with me.

Radio Show
20 When is your radio show on ?
21 Should I expect to be skewered ? It is okay as I have a sense of humor
22 What is the format of your show ?

Humor
23 Do gay people sterotype heterosexuals ?
24 Do you find Jerry Seinfeld funny ? I find him annoying and prefer the rest of the cast.
25 Who is your favorite cartoon charachter ?
24

18 comments:

nanc said...

well, alright, imagine me clapping...

Mad Zionist said...

So, where's my seat?

nanc said...

imagine a standing ovation! way to go you, madze.

i'm going to take great offense at the tacky golfer clothing - what is wrong with what i wear golfing? would you prefer an evening gown?

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Golf is not a sport. It's a hobby cleverly disguised as an activity.

nanc said...

golf is the greatest sport, beamish - you take that back! it is only disguised as activity if you use an electric cart and i've NEVER used one in the entire time i've played - nearly twenty years. i only take one mulligan per hole and use the thirty second drill! take it back beamish...

nanc said...

robert - plaid is only ugly if you're extremely overweight. are you overweight, robert?

Freedomnow said...

Hey thats not fair, how come he gets an extra 24?

nanc said...

good robert - it's because you don't like plaid - ha! i'm on the right side of the weight issue and i LOVE plaid - so you tell me - is plaid wrong? it could mean the difference of a few pounds...

you're right fern - he DID get an extra 24 - what are we? the redhaired stepchildren? that's it for beak...

Warren said...

I would love to hear a radio show with you and Justin taking the liberal/conservative positions. I think its a great idea!

American Crusader said...

I wish Robert could have given me a better insight on Bette Midler idolizing I've never understood the connection.

American Crusader said...

Who was it who said that golf was the perfect way to ruin a good walk. I'm sure that's not the exact quote, but something like that.
Was it Churchill?

beakerkin said...

Bette Midler may be a local NYC phenomena. The Lizzy Grubman worship in the local gay community is odd. Deborah Harry is a local and that fixation I understand. She is a delightful person that I met a few times in stores. She is still beautiful at 60 . She has a huge head on a small frame but it works.

nanc said...

well then, a.c., good for me i don't have legs like churchill! i love golf!

in my husband's pursuit of me, as i tried my best to scare him off as he is much younger than i - i told him if he didn't learn to golf we could not be about together.

i thought for sure that would scare the cowboy in him and he'd never bother me again, but when i told him i had a tee time for a 6:00 a.m. on a saturday morning and he showed up and we made our tee time - i knew what i didn't know before about him - he wanted me so bad that he was willing to go golfing in his wolverine work boots and tight wrangler jeans!

well, needless to say, he took to golf like a duck to water and just the mere mention of it gets him all twitterpated! that was nearly 17 years ago. i'm still working on the plaid part though...

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Nanc,

I'm sorry. I don't mean to bag on golf, but "sports" to me implies epic struggle, warfare, sacrifice, effort, pain, and ultimately victory.

I feel the same way about baseball. You got a guy with a nice solid cudgel with nine guys all trying to hit him with a ball and if he smites any of them in the righteous fury of self-defense they throw him out of the game.

Waddup widdat?

nanc said...

beamish,



sincerely,

nanc

nanc said...

would someone please tell beamish i'm not speaking to him at the moment?

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Nanc,

What about an Aztec version of golf. Losers get their beating hearts cut out and sacrificed to the sun god...

I bet that would make better golf players...

nanc said...

sometimes we play to see who can get the MOST points for our money...okay, i'm talking to you again.