Thursday, March 30, 2006

Beakerkin on Trolls and Troll Hunting

This is a refresher of an early theme of my blog. There are many types of trolls and they come in all types. A good troll like Ducky brings about serious debate. He has some off the wall ideas but on the whole he sees things differently. He does not come in with a set of imaginary credentials. In my own way I look forward to the Duck
who is the official troll of this blog a coveted position. He does not cry except when the Redsox lose or John Kerry talks of imaginary players like Manny Ortiz.

People who have been long term readers know that I am a trained investigator. A troll
has several motivations but the foremost is a need for attention. Thus they invent personas that are versions of who they think they should be. Sometimes they will invent personas to fawn over them or attack people who do not buy this charade.

How does one spot a real troll ?

One can change personas easily but writing styles are hard to change. I could write this post as Guyana man in Carib patios . However, my style would still be the same over time. This is because humans have one brain and it is hard to change styles. A classic example of this was a creation of the vile Socrates Shanghai Charlie. This persona is supposed to be a Chenglish speaker with perfect punctuation but missing pronouns.

Anyone can make a series of claims on the internet. However members of groups do have insider knowledge. Thus if I talk with a peer we can describe the internal workings of our profession. Thus we have an example of an alleged Israeli woman who has some odd behaviors. Real women with children do not mock infertile women, they have a compassion for their peers. Such behavior is more likely a man pretending to be a woman . We also have this same Israeli that can not correctly pair basic items of our culture. I can write the Mad Zionist Dovid Melech Yisroel and he can complette the phrase. Even though I am not religious there are common denominators we can discuss.

Trolls try to inpress people with phony credentials. However their language and posts
are void of these insider terms. They provide as few details about their lives as possible. Thus we have a whole range of Professors who do not describe the inner workings of a university. A real Professor or Grad Assistants blog like the Disgruntled Chemist is laced with insider terms and talk of procedures. The fakes do not have the terms and any examination of the posts show their absence. If I were to discus 0027 with you I would get a set of mixed responses. My coworkers know that 0027 as a section that deals with name change issues.

I did offer to interview the popous vile Weasel. The chance to interview the criminaly insane was tempting. The Weasel is obsessed about his identity and with good reason, his loathsome views make him an easy target. The Weasel is another person who often boast about his alleged credentials. He declined the interview as he was worried about his identity. The sad part is that those who know him best allready know he is a moron and a psychopath.

Trolls often have the same set of obsessions or look to settle scores. Thus the mere mention of key names causes them to go out of charachter. The mere mention of my friend Donal's name caused an alleged Professor to go on a tirade. I never mentioned the bloated Socrates but this alleged Professor went on a night long temper tantrum on FPM. The post in question mentions the Weasel, Ducky, Alain and Uptown Steve but our alleged Professor picks out Socrates. The reason is that Donal was the relentless obsession of Socrates.

The reaction of trolls reveals plenty about their persona. If someone were to accuse me of being a fake Jew my reaction would be Okay. I was accused of being an Assyrian and an Egyptian Copt on FPM. My reaction was laughter as this is amusing but I do not get excited. This same fake Israeli accused Northern Steve and myself of being fake Jews. Both of us had a good laugh and forgot the whole matter as it was absurd.

The best thing to do when you encounter a troll is to walk away. Troll Hunting should only be done by those who are determined and enjoy a challenge. Remember trolls invest alot of energy in these personas and will fight dirty. However if you know their makeup , habits and weakness one can deal with them. This is not a pastime for the mild mannered.

Beamish in 08, Ducky to Fenway and 167 to have a mental illness named after him.

22 comments:

American Crusader said...

three of my Coast Guard buddies down in Key West were fooled by a man trying to be a woman. That's a different story though and one I promised not to tell.

nanc said...

i know this socrates person physically threatened donal and even somehow got her home address. people like that are 'streamly demented, beak - probably not to be messed with AT ALL.

beakerkin said...

I made Socrates life miserable and hunted him. I find it amazing that without my mentioning Socrates Meathead reached for that. He also flipped out as soon as Donal's name was mentioned.

The bottom line on Meathead he has become an accademic in the last nine months or so. His writing never mentions the inner workings of a University like Pike or Polisciboy. He is a fraud and his behavior last night was clear and convincing. I will have to comb through his older posts. He had another vocation.

beakerkin said...

Some bloggers do not like to have empty boards so they create imaginary friends. Warren and I caught a troll on this board using another name. Trolls boast of credentials they do not have and are easy to spot.

I do not boast about credentials and am concerned with an interesting entertaining space.

Anonymous said...

Like I said at Bad Eagle, advice taken, I'll leave troll hunting to the experts, haven't done this long enough to be anything but a liability. Won't do that to friends who can shoot straight!

tmw

beakerkin said...

Eyes

I wish I was Mr Beamish as he is the personification of cool. There is no blog that is more fun and entertaining then that of my good friend Mr Beamish. Mr Beamish lives in St Louis and I live in Vermont.

Mad Zionist said...

The lowlife, vermin, scumbag, piles of toxic moslem dung have struck again.

Dan Zaremba said...

This is not a pastime for the mild mannered.

Or for anybody who wants to apply logic.
Above all they usually seem to have lots of time to spare.
They also bring up eye witnesses to support their argument.

nanc said...

i thought i was beamish once.

nanc said...

where, madze?

Always On Watch said...

Trolls are seeking attention. At least, that's how I interpret their motivation.

Lonely and friendless lives, maybe?

nanc said...

DONAL GOT MARRIED - POST ON COULTER ARTICLE AT FPM!

nanc said...

then allah ain't going to like me so the feelings are mutual. allah is satan.

aow site beak.

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

The Crank Files were written by a series of malfunctioning chatbot programs accidently downloaded from the Internet back in 2037, er will be downloaded. And are written, not were. Uh. Maybe. If I travel back in time and start blogging.

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

I thought i was beamish once.

We all are. There's really only 5 people on the Internet. Don't tell anyone else.

Freedomnow said...

Usually I take a quote from Anum and rip it to shreds, but this time I am just gonna quote her and let her own words speak for themselves...

This you should know are recognized

nor walk in insolence through the earth. Verily, Allâh likes not each arrogant boaster.}[31:18].


Sweet!!! That saves me alotta work...

Always On Watch said...

Nanc,
I'm not at all worrying about allah's not liking me. Allah isn't real; he's the moon god revamped by the hallucinations of MTP. Cubed once wrote a neurologically oriented article on that topic. I'll see if I can find it.

Always On Watch said...

Here is Cubed's article.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nanc said...

i hate when that happens!

nanc said...

we don't have game game at nanchouse - we're an interactive family.