Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Great Reluctance and Identity theft

Those of you who have read this blog are aware of my passion for the First Amendment.
The First Amendment is the birth right of every American . I support free expression and I even indulge 100% personal attacks with no content.

However, I will not allow ID theft on this blog. Readers should not have to guess which Jason Pappas is the genuine article. John Brown of Citzcom is a friend and I prodly support his blog. This new John Brown took a name from an older Moonbat Central blogger and attempted fraud. As I know the real John Brown this fraud lasted about three seconds.

People have to have confidence that they are reading the genuine thoughts of our blog family. Even when our troll Ducky was cleverly parodied I made similar points.
The posters and readers must have confidence in our identities. My pen name Beakerkin
is unique and is a well established identity.

Let the fake John Brown choose a unique pen name and troll away. Free sppech does not include identity theft.

5 comments:

Jason Pappas said...

I agree. Free speech is for airing ideas without government retaliation. And even beyond that we should foster an atmosphere were people are not intimidate to bring forth ideas to the court of public opinion (instead of having to hide like the cartoonists in Denmark.) Let’s discuss ideas.

Libel, on the other hand, is an attempt to direct arguments at slandering an individual. It is a far cry from debating ideas. Lying about the character of another, perhaps by creating phony quotes, is certainly trying to smear a person’s reputation if not bordering on slander.

It’s a far cry from an honest debate. Imagine if some right-winger wrote a vicious book and tried to pass it off as a book by Al Franken. I’d expect a lawsuit. Of course, being well known, it would be exposed. But even on the Internet there are phony quotes. It’s pathetic.

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

"John Brown" is such a common name though. It could be his real name. But I don't care who it is. If "Beakerkin" or "Warren" came by my blog and posted a bunch of goofy leftist crap (the only kind of leftist crap there is) I'd be shocked, but I'd still be composed enough to call down wrath Beamish-style on it. Beak and Warren are my pals but I'd still go off on 'em if I had to. Hehehe.

Always On Watch said...

Yes, pathetic.

beakerkin said...

Sorm

I do know a female FPM poster who regularly goes underground at a couple of left wing sites. I do not do it myself and preffer the dirrect approach.

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

I have difficulty differentiating between two leftists. It's like they coordinate their stupidity to be consistent.