Sunday, May 30, 2010

The shoes of the Beakerkin

My nephew Drummaster has ironically followed my career path. He is much smarter than I am as I blundered into this career entirely by accident. People with my major tended to work on Wall Street but the market tumbled before I graduated and the jobs were gone. I was supposed to go to law school, but romance changed that path.

Drummaster is starting out with a lot of pluses. He is going into the field with a criminal justice degree. Oddly, I think business is an advantage as one will learn law on the job. The one advantage he had that I did not was a role model as I merely drifted with the winds and settled into being an officer.

Drummaster is quite sharp and posses a more clinical mind. He does not posses the large personality or stage presence of Rav Roov or myself. It remains to be seen if he has the ability to improvise on the fly. However, as he tends to be more clinical and methodical he should do fine.

One of his sisters has also followed my path. I do not expect her to remain there as her abilities
and temperament are a poor match. She does not posses the love of the written word or writing
ability. Unfortunately, she has my lightning rod factor. Hopefully, she will find another career path more suited to her skills.

Officer Drummaster has a good sound to it.

1 comment:

Always On Watch said...

Drummaster is going into law enforcement too?

You must be pleased, Beak.