Sunday, May 02, 2010

Life's simple pleasure

The standard view is that summer vacation is for the kids. I am looking to spending some quality time with the Sprite at Coney Island and the Bronx Zoo. School is out and I look forward to creating some lasting memories. I really am still not at 100%, but when the Sprite complained that I had been away for a while I was motivated. Of course her crazy Maltese is all over me long before I get into the house.

The local restaurants serve an unusual style of Chinese food not seen elsewhere. It is a West Indian variation of the theme that tastes slightly different and has much more poultry and curry dishes.I still like my Texmati rice better than the Basmati rice but I can not tell the difference when it is in a meal.

A few more weeks I should have my car returned from Drummaster. He is graduating college and is working in the public defenders office. In a former time I would be mortified. Yet in my current job I see the good work that they sometimes do quietly. Oddly a long forgotten case in my office involving legal aid was brought to my attention. I took care of a silly case that had been
going back and forth since 1979. I used a long forgotten precedent and the folks at legal aid thanked me and were happy to get the person out of the system. In general with the exception of the Holocaust Museum shooter senior citizens are not a danger to society.

Drummaster wants to do investigations of some sort. He is following a familiar example of a relative who journeyed through a few careers before settling down.

3 comments:

JINGOIST said...

Interesting beak. Are you a recovering lawyer? :-)

I know what you're talking about with the drummaster(your son?) being in the Public Defender's office. They DO actually accomplish many worthwhile tasks. It's hard to believe sometimes, isn't it? LOL!

As for Chinese, the local Wok and Roll whips up some WONDERFUL dishes on the spot, and delivers 3 amazing dinners for $22 before the tip.

Steve Harkonnen said...

So I hope things are turning around for you for the best, Beak. It's been a while since I've visited. Sorry bout that.

Brooke said...

OK, I know, ADD... That food sounds brilliant!