Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Most wanted list

I have gotten away from the interviews that our readers enjoy.

The most wanted list

1 Jason Pappas
2 Mustang
3 Farmer John
4 Mark Alexander
5 Jeff Bargholz
6 Editrix
7 Amil of Bad Eagle
8 Russet Shadows
9 Ecology of Bad Eagle
10 Elijah

If you have a blog and would like to promote it you can ask for an interview.

At some point I want to do a promotion of Justin and Robs new blog Capitalpill. I want to do a more freestyle fun type of interview. Capital Pill does deal with Pop culture and sometimes sports. This is more of a fun type of interview. We do hard political content and sometimes it is fun to joke about pop culture and odd topics as riding motor cycles without helmets.

I also want to do a discussion of the New Testament and Old in film and art. What do Christians themselves percieve as the best representation of Jesus on film? What do Christians think about religious paintings and sculpture. What do Jews and Christians think about song and prayer? How about the Old Testament in film the best and worst.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like good stuff in the works! Can hardly wait, should be lively too! Good job, Beaker!

tmw

nanc said...

beak - you did see that editrix is posting at autonomist? perhaps a formal invitation is in order.

i think bargholz may be holding out for top spot - ha!

beakerkin said...

Nanc

Jeff has said he would do an interview you just have to schedule him off line. I will prepare his interview at whatever date is agreeable to both of you.

Brooke said...

I would love to see an interview with Elmer's Brother!

beakerkin said...

We did one with Elmer about two weeks ago.

nanc said...

it doesn't have to be agreeable to me, beak - i think he just said to get ahold of me to get ahold of him. maybe he meant to post the questions and he would copy them and do them offline and send them back to you. i'll have to ask i guess...

FLORIAN said...

Hi Beaker. Did you really turn off commentary during the day?

FLORIAN said...

Beaker. I can't speak for other Christians, but I think personally Robert Powell in the 1977 "Jesus of Nazareth" played the best personification of Christ I've ever seen. It was a powerful performance. I thought Jim Caveziel was good in Passion, but not great. We just saw the last 12 hours of his life--so it's not a great deal of personality or emotion--besides the constant beatings.

I like religious paintings--being brought up as a Catholic, but I'm in a way torn about their legitimacy now since I'm an Evangelical and they probably do defy the law.

beakerkin said...

Florian I turned off the comments yesterday. Uptown still put in about three comments and I let one go. He is on MZ blog crying about you.

The other day Brown and Uptown spammed my site with materials not related to the post. Brown is banned for ever and Uptown is history by his own word not mine.

FLORIAN said...

What is he bitching about me for?
What a baby!

nanc said...

beak - send bargholz' questions to me and i'll forward them to him and we'll see what happens. i know he is extremely busy with two toddlers in the house as i have two teens and toddlers are much more time consuming. not to mention a loving wife such as myself...

Brooke said...

Geez, sorry Beak. My ADHD must've kicked in!

Color me embarrassed.

elmers brother said...

I did the same thing with Felis, Brooke. (he said looking at the ground)

nanc said...

stop, elbro or you'll scuff your toe!

Anonymous said...

Florian- I was raised Episcopalian, so I am used to stainned glass windows, paintings and such. I don't worship them, but find they do help me focus on HIM rather than me!
EB- Once more now, repeat after me, "Welcome to the human race, so glad you could come down and join the rest of us!" We human's do have this tendency... We love you anyway!

tmw