Sunday, December 24, 2006

New York Pace

Many people who have seen me shop are shocked at the pace. I move through the store
in rapid pace skip aisles. In a resturaunt I never look at menu and when we sit it is all business. I stil move at a NYC pace much to the bewilderment of my stunned friends in Vermont.

I was at the local grocery store and people were moving at my speed. There was an announcement in over the speaker system " You buy, You bag, You Go Home". Now that is shopping with a NYC attitude.

8 comments:

Always On Watch said...

I hate shopping, so I'll go along with this:

" You buy, You bag, You Go Home". Now that is shopping with a NYC attitude.

Warren said...

Funny thing, I already have the pace down flat.

;^)

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

I think it's a male thing. Every excursion to the store is a tactical extraction mission. Run in, get your stuff and go. Be pulling out of the parking lot by the time the old lady you saw loading her groceries in her car as you went in the store snaps her seatbelt.

Jason Pappas said...

Some of us men don't know the word "browse" when it comes to shopping. When it comes to the internet or television that's another matter. But then we call it "surfing."

Always On Watch said...

Mr. Beamish,
My husband is nodding his head in approval.

nanc said...

that's me - get in - pay - get out - i'm with aow!

The Merry Widow said...

That was my Mother's attitude, she hated shopping with her Mother and older sister, they window shopped. It drove her buggy! I have picked up that attitude,with these exceptions; book store, music, crafts usually because I either am looking for something that may need to be ordered or I'm looking for ideas!

Anonymous said...

Same here in Wal-Mart down in Waynesboro Virginia. It's like walking into little Mexico. You just want to dash out of there - but lo and behold, there's only two registers open at 11:30pm, and none of the self-checkouts are open, so you're stuck there for at least another twenty minutes.