Thursday, July 22, 2010

Killing Kids because of Autism

A sad story out of TX reports that a local woman killed her two kids because of their autism. Even in the state of Texas there is a great chance this woman will get away with a variation of the post partum depression angle. I am sickened by the abuse of psychology at times to rationalize or excuse the behavior of this type. The sole question should be was this person responsible for her own actions.

This person was an immigrant from Pakistan. To the best of my knowledge I am unaware of any concept that would justify this according to local customs.

I cringe at a series of odious defense strategies.

3 comments:

Ducky's here said...

Used to be in Texas that you drowned them in the bathtub because God told you to do it.

The_Editrix said...

"I am unaware of any concept that would justify this according to local customs."

I am as well. It is, sadly, an age old female "prerogative" and has nothing to do with race or culture. How very sad.

Always On Watch said...

Two children with severe autism might drive a parent over the edge. Just sayin'.