Saturday, February 02, 2008

Nearing Another Aniversary

We are approaching another anniversary of the first WTC bombing at the end of the month. Long term readers know I was there on that day that seems like yesterday. I pass ground zero every day on my way to work. The memories of that day, 9-11 and just ordinary memories of time I spent at the WTC with friends who are no longer here are with me every time I pass.

Oddly, being home in NYC makes it easier on the nerves. The cars and the bustle do not leave one the time for such luxuries of post traumatic stress or flash backs. The dull sounds of cars, trains and whatever else serve as reminder that I am home.

My home will never be the same but life goes on. I will not forgive those who make a mockery of that day with insane conspiracy theories always centering on Joooos. Those who died deserve better than to have their memories exploited by Marxist bigots for political gain.

4 comments:

troutsky said...

Sorry about can-do Rudy.About the post traumatic stress,I'd keep an eye on it.

beakerkin said...

Troutsky

There is not much difference between Rudy and McCain. In fact Rudy's greatest failure in the campaign was to elaborate those differences.

The post traumatic stress is quite fine. I have been blown up twice and am still here. I will never forget or forgive commies for stabbing America in the back right after 9-11.

SecondComingOfBast said...

Very well put. I want to point out, however, that the 9/11 conspiracy theorists are a bunch of people that no sane person takes the least bit seriously, so you should take a great lot of comfort in that.

I have it on pretty good authority 9/11 was in reality a plot masterminded by Bob Dole and Britney Spears. Those commercials where Bob was watching Britney dance in the Pepsi commercial and told his dog "down boy" was actually a secret code to their terrorist operatives.

They don't fool me. Pretty soon, the truth will come out. It is out there, you know.

Anonymous said...

beak, I don't believe Rudy would have closed Gitmo like mcCain would like to do. I believe Giuliani 'gets' the terrorists better than mcCain, Rudy'd have known what a terrible message that'll send to our enemies. Closing it is like leaving Iraq early, in my opinion.

I'm glad you're back in NYC if it makes it better for your nerves. I can't imagine...got to ponder that.
z