Sunday, October 09, 2005

Yom Kippur

Yom Kippur is the day where the almighty dictates the fate of all. I am not a literalist but my life has been an adventure. There are moments that all of us need to reflect upon the passage of time.

I have looked back at the passage of time and reflected on rights and wrongs and adjusted to new conditions. After living through the mess of WTC 93 and the horrors of 911 I decided to do my part in the war on terror. I have moved 400 miles away from friends and family because I could no longer sit on the sideline.

Yet there is the hope with the new year I can be doing my job close to home. Vermont is a wonderful place and 90% of Vermonters have been great. I long for the company of friends family and exotic NYC. Will my wish be granted is up to powers well above me.

Either way I am thankful for the opportunity to serve the country I love . I have had many jobs over the years but this is the only time I have worked for a higher calling. People on the far left do not understand the love and dedication my coworkers have to our craft. Many are lawyers who could be earning three times as much elsewhere.

I count my blessing each and every day . I live in a wonderful country I adore. I have a fine family and wonderful friends including the readers of this blog. Yet each and every day I see people wanting to join our family legaly. Sadly, there are heartbreaking cases where the law does not allow me to help. All we can ever do is our best and count our blessings each and every day.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Amen to that, Beak. I count my blessings too. We are very lucky indeed.