Sunday, October 02, 2005

The Jewish New Year

I am not a fatalistic person nor very religious Yet as the time rolls around it is another New Year for my people.

I have been involved in some eath shattering events and many smaller ones to know the margin between life or death is often not that great. Yet everyday we live is a blessing and each day brings new hopes and challenges. I am glad that over the past year I have made many new friends over this blog . I am greatful each and every day for the kind words and intellectual debate. Warren , Jaason and Mr Beamish were there in the early days. Always on the Watch , Farmer John , Esther , Big Bubba are always good friends. People do not realize it but I respect and admire B for his passion. I can never figure out the mercurial Justin Morris but he is still a friend.

Contrary to popular belief I do not hate the Duck. Like his avatar he is proof of what alcohol and drugs can do to a mind . I also want to wish those non readers a happy Jooooooish new year . We know you still read this blog because you can't help yourselves. This blog is amazingly often quoted and highlighted by people who swear they do not read it.

Lastly I am lucky to serve my country in a cause I believe in. My coworkers with one exception are fine human beings and a credit to our service. I do not serve for pay I serve because I love my country and all the fine people in it with some obvious exceptions. Johny Jihad I will never rest until you are in a box. Comrade Karl you deserve banishment and my fight with you will last until the end of my days. However to the rest of you and people that love freedom everywhere Happy Rosh Hashana (New Year).

8 comments:

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Happy New Year!

Esther said...

Thanks Beak. L'Shana Tovah to you too. May this year bring you all the joy, happiness, good health and success you can handle. :)

Warren said...

L'Shana Tovah

beakerkin said...

Thank you to all and may all of us achieve more in the next year.

Beamish in 08

Always On Watch said...

Beak,
Happy New Year! I've am so grateful that I found your blog last spring.

Stay safe!

Warren said...

Ducky said:
Well, Beak...I hope your name is in the book of the living but I also hope you take next year as an opportunity to refine some of your attitudes.

Since you are so worried about the condition of Beaks soul, let me voice my concern over yours.

Since you are a "practicing Catholic" you need to remove that image of Jack Kerouac or store it on your own server since you are stealing the bandwidth of jackkerouac.com. The image may be in the public domain, but their bandwidth isn't.

Theft is a mortal sin or at least it is now that you know its theft.

Lets see, you are required an act of contrition (confession), penance if required and restitution.

Oh, it wouldn't hurt if you thanked me for letting you know.
LOL!

Or is your supposed Catholicism as hypocritical as the rest of "your" attitude?

Warren said...

Reminder to Mr Ducky:

You are not Jack Kerouac, you are a thief.

You see ducky, I am a real Catholic.

Hi Mayor McCheese, Ducky, Jack or whoever you think you are today.

LOL

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Ducky's at least as Catholic as Ted Kennedy.