Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Snobs vs Slobs Round Two

The Duck presumes that I did not see the Democratic themes in Born Yesterday. On the contrary
I noticed them, just the film was dated. The caricature of the tycoon was almost a Marxist version of a corporate Gorilla except that real gorillas do not behave that badly.

The Duck has the right to pick next weeks film. We do have a idea from Pagan Temple to review the Crying Game. If it is on the cable schedule over the weekend I am not opposed. However, that
film is not exactly what I intended the feature to be about. The idea was more intended to look at classic films off the beaten path as viewed by a film head and a regular person.

The Duck can look at next weeks schedule and make a few selections. We will come up with something interesting.

11 comments:

Always On Watch said...

I should watch Born Yesterday; I see that Netflix has it streamed online.

I've probably seen the film before, but I don't remember it at all.

Can't wait to see which film Duck chooses. Maybe he'll pick one of those streaming films from Netflix? During baseball season, my access to TV is limited if Mr. AOW is home.

Ducky's here said...

Just a cursory look at this weekend shows one classic, Kubrick's "Paths of Glory".

Cornel Wilde's :Beach Red" is scheduled at 4 in the morning upholding the tradition of requiring a Tivo to get your value from TCM.

Anonymous said...

They ought to do a movie about perfidious Democrats conspiring with the USSR and KGB to lose the Cold War...

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

I still say the slob should get to pick the film.

I vote for Surf Nazis Must Die.

Anonymous said...

Ooooohhhh, "Surf Nazis Must Die"!!! I haven't seen that "film" in a long, long while. You should debate any of the Troma Pictures!!! Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD, Tromeo & Juliet, or Toxic Avenger maybe!!! That would definately be fun!!!

Ducky's here said...

I've seen "Surf Nazis Must Die". Not much technical value but a pretty reasonable "B".

Not quite up to the "She Wolf of the SS" series, however.

Ducky's here said...

Farmer, foil hats are soooo last season. They really aren't flattering.

Z said...

I got a vision of Gidget wearing a Brown Shirt.
scary

Anonymous said...

I don't know about that, mr. ducky. I'm not sure that the Logan Act looks too kindly on "out-of-power-party" independent foreign policy summits. Just like it doesn't look too kindly on winter-soldier/SDS meetings with Vietnamese officials or Jimmy Cartesque junkets to Hamas or Pelosi-esque meetings with Syria.

We are ONE nation, and the out-of-power-party is fooling itself if it thinks it can indescriminately VIOLATE that fundamental principle.

After all, it makes me feel that the Democrats don't think that I'M an AMERICAN, nor need it take MY MAJORITY view into account.

Anonymous said...

In fact, I'd not be sticking my neck out were I to label what Kennedy did HIGH TREASON!!!

Anonymous said...

...and what Kerry and the Winter-Soldiers did... LOW TREASON!!!