Of course had the folks at the NYT been at an actual protest the fact that the participants are more educated and wealthier than the general public would have been self evident.
Onto the poll itself the NYT tries to inject race into the story. Of course when the economy is in the toilet Black Americans suffer just as much if not more than the rest of us. The NYT also ignores the impact of regressive taxation like the beverage tax which is a direct assault by Marxists on poor families.
The rest of us who have been at actual Tea Party events knew this information.
Perhaps the NYT will ask Peace Protesters the following questions
1) How many times have you been arrested
2) Are you a communist, marxist, anarchist, green, jihadi or generic Jew hater?
3) When was the last time you did illegal drugs, had a shower or were gainfully employed?
4) Do you think a cabal of Jews blew up the WTC, runs the media and or the government?
5) Do you support Hugo Chavez?
Of course the criminal activity and obsessive Jew hatred at so called peace protests is readily apparent to people who have witnessed these events. Many of the participants actually do sound like "Bill & Ted" gone psychotic.