I want to understand how the Average American feels about Gays. Perhaps my life as a New York City resident who spent time in the fashion industry has led me to a different
perspective. In my book it has always been a private matter of little or no consequence. I am puzzled at the extreme hatred of gays and of some gays for Christians
who see a more originalist view of sin.
I am going to try something new. I will do a ten question mass interview. I will answer
the questions first and would like readers to do the same. I request that communists with hold their comments until later, AFLAC.
1) Should gays be treated with dignity and respect barring other information?
2) Do you favor gay marriages?
No marriage is a religious term. I favor civil unions as a practical alternative.
3) Is homosexuality a private matter?
4) What does a persons sexual orientation say about them?
5) If your neighbor is gay how does it affect you?
6) Do some gays hate Christians?
7) Would you eat lunch in a public restaurant with a gay friend?
Yes. I have done so several times.
8) If you accidentally found yourself in a gay bar what would you do?
Probably finnish my beer and leave. This is unless the bar was playing Barbara Striesand, Abba or Bette Midler music and then I would run.
9) Do you feel that the mass media portrays gays in an almost missionary manner?
Yes. The Ellen show was a bore. The Will and Grace show had excellent writing with characters who happened to be gay. The show dealt with issues but didn't take itself to seriously. Will and Grace is the exception and the rest seems ham handed.
10) Would you listen to musicians that you knew were gay?
I have listened to Queen, but not the Village People. I don't care for disco music.
11) Would vote for a politician you knew was gay but you agreed with?
12) Do we make too big of an issue over a private matter?
Lets see your responses.