Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veterans Day

I want to wish all of the Veterans who visit a happy Veterans day. Those of you who I communicate with off line know of my efforts to assist veterans. My commitment to extending every effort to help veterans came long before it was an office policy. In fact for the most part when we have identified someone as active duty we cut all of the red tape.

I want to thank those retailers that offer free lunch to Veterans. I think I might take the beloved Sprite to Applebees so she can meet many of the nations best. Maybe these chains can have a card carrying Communists pay double too some day.

I have worked with many military cases in a variety of roles recently. Almost all of my coworkers are more than happy to assist in these matters. In fact one or two coworkers thanked me for directing the veterans to them. It is usually the highlight of a sometimes dreary day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B,

Wondered if you had seen this...

http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/?p=450

"Ninety-three years ago, Frank Buckles took the oath of enlistment and joined the U.S. Army. He was under age 16, but dreamed of service and adventure and realized that dream during his duty in Europe during World War One. Today, at 109 years of age, Mr. Buckles is recognized as the last living U.S. Veteran of World War One; the last link with a generation of Veterans who ushered the United States onto the world stage and played a pivotal role in the development of U.S. policy and law that led to creation of the VA and the nation’s system of comprehensive services and benefits for Veterans."