The jihadist lunatics who smacked planes into office buildings changed the world. We now have layers of security in ordinary life that are intrusive and ponderous. Outside of the airport I have to show a drivers license to enter half the buildings in NYC and federal buildings have metal detectors.
Of course the folks at CIP grasp the enormous damage to ordinary Muslims done by terrorists. Unfortunately, left wing types still live in a world where imagined oppression justifies carnage. These left wing types are the lawyers that plan lawsuits
if someone blinks at a Muslim.
The US legal system is our Achilles heel. We need to take control of our courts and laws and demand our government do its job.
1) The procedure to denaturalise and deport citizens needs to be revamped. One hearing followed by one appeal followed by a plane ride.
2) Immigration is not a right it is an honor.
3) Immediate end to the diversity visa lottery, much tighter scrutiny of student visas including ending awarding visas for language and diploma mills.
4) Revamping family immigration to remove siblings, adult children and genuine jail time for fraudulent marriage attempts by US citizens.
5) Revamping vocational visas to lower the numbers, but lengthen the time. US grads with Masters degrees and no criminal records should have the cap doubled while the semiskilled Employment 3 should have the burden of evidence increased. Explain why person X needs to be the cook at your establishment as opposed to training a local.
2012 is going to be a pivotal election. Unfortunately Mr. B is not running and the media feeding frenzy will ensure Obama II. Even if by some miracle a JC Watts should emerge the press will go haywire. Watts in 12 is the slogan here.