Saturday, April 12, 2008

Beakerkin goes West Indian

Never let it be said that the Beak is not a man of his word. I lost a bet and had to wear West Indian attire on casual Friday. One of my close friends got promoted to supervisor and they insisted I join them for a night of dancing.

You can guess who picked up the check. The modest weight loss and new wardrobe has made me more popular at work. Unlike VT where I kept apart from my coworkers I will take lunch with my peers. I felt more or a distance from the Vermonters than I do with fellow NYC types even if we are of different races or ethnicities.

I would not describe myself as a bon vivant.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not cricket, is it beakerkin?

Always On Watch said...

Beak,
The modest weight loss and new wardrobe has made me more popular at work.

Even more chick magnetism! Lose a few pounds, and they'll come flocking.

Did you dance your feet off?

beakerkin said...

I did a few dances with my friend, but not much else.

Rita Loca said...

I would not describe myself as a bon vivant.

So how would you describe yourself?

beakerkin said...

Junglemom

I am more of a homebody. However, in VT I was careful not to mix with the locals.

Batya said...

Bloggers as humans, the other side of the keyboard. Hmm, that would be a good name for a blog. No, I'm not starting another one.