Monday, July 04, 2005

Next weeks adventures weather permiting

I intend to go on two of thne local rivers and inner tube. We have huge swift rivers in NYC . The Arthur Kill is way too poluted and I would not recomend trying it in the Gowanus Canal.

I also am going to try and get a look at the local waterfalls if possible. There is a small waterfall on the Bronx river and I have seen a few in Upstate New York. I will try to hunt down the covered bridges.

My lack of direction is somewhat legendary and exagerated. I will be taking a local guide and will try to post pictures. If I can not do it I will send the pictures to my nephew at Nicotine and Rock.

The locals have also promised to plug a Canada Goose in the fall . I will inform my fellow NYC residents on how our parks pests taste. Vermonters would never allow heir parks to be over run by fowl , especially good tasting ones.

Every day is a new adventure and it is a blast up here. I have gone from dreaming about supermodels to dreaming about Knishes and good pickles. I miss my fellow NYC residents except for the crowd in Union Square. It is fun to debate foriegn policy with cabbies and discuss literature. Yet a smile from the heart is the most sedetious and subversive thing. The smiles and the people here are genuine. I will return home soon but part of me will always miss St Albans.

4 comments:

Always On Watch said...

I have found most wild goose to be greasy and primarily consisting of dark, "strong" meat. I'll be interested in hearing your reaction.

Warren said...

"I have found most wild goose to be greasy and primarily consisting of dark, "strong" meat.

^My first thought, but Beak might like the flavor.

Growing up, I ate a lot of game. If you really want to taste something nasty try a duck egg, tame or wild!

Esther said...

Enjoy the area while you're still there, Beak. Make the most of it. You'll be back in NYC before you know it.

Warren said...

Beak,
I don't know how strong a swimmer you are but if the current is at all strong, you be sure to wear a life preserver!

I lost a friend in a swimming accident and I don't care to lose another.