Saturday, July 16, 2005

The excursion with Scooter.

My Nephew came up from Jersey and visited from NJ. We went driving in Vermont with my pal Scooter. We went from St Albans to Richford and it was an adventure on the road. We ran into Scooter's cousins in Richford and they do not get to meet flat landers often.

We went to a local swiming hole and drove on dirt roads through a cornfield. The river was refreshing and I crossed the rapids on foot. I told my nephew not to attempt it as he was carrying the camera. Additionally I have tree trunk thick legs
and was going nowhere. The rocks were sharp on my feet and after a while I could not
get my shoes back on.

Scooters Cousin is a local daredevil of sorts as he drove into the river and at one point had two wheels on the ground. He made a U turn in the river but he does drive a 4x4.

Scooter lost his crutches in the river . Sadly , when he found them they got me all wet.

We had a great laugh because I hate the smell of Cow dung. At one point my eves were tearing and my hair standing up. Brad and my nephew were laughing at my agony. They liquify the stuff and use it to fertilize the fields. I love Vermont but that smell is overpowering.

We saw no wildlife but we did see large people who were in the 500lb zip code. Now Richford has a bad rep but I was treated well by the locals. For some reason there are alot of lesbians and they are visable. I don't have a problem with it but Gay men are invisible here. Those of you who think Vermont is liberal utopia should visit here. The people are way more conservative then the displaced wacked out NYC people they elect.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

warren:

the beak has gone native. we tried going getting into the car like in the dukes of hazzard. VT, other than Burlington, can have some crazy adventures, but you have to be able to find that dirt road in the middle of a "corn" field to know where the locals hang out.

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Okay, I have lefty commenters on my blog now. My plan worked muhahahaha.

beakerkin said...

Mr Beamish lefty poster who post at your site are masochistic.

Neptune:

I have not attempted to publish on the other site yet but I did keep the name to comment on yours and to prevent parodies.