Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Vacation

I will be spending much of the remainder of the month with the Tranquil Sea and the Sprite. The Sprite is on winter vacation and her mother is working. Thus it is up to the old timer to provide entertainment. If the weather is not too cold I will probably endure some Museums and perhaps the Bronx Zoo.

Unfortunately, I often get an extra kid so I prefer to keep the trips closer. The Sprite is very well behaved but her same age niece is somewhat of a pain. For reasons unknown I always get a lecture to take Cookie when I go with the Sprite. I try and remind the the oldest daughter that her kids have a father but...

Of course I will do some reading with the Sprite. I had to explain the Kenneth Roberts book is written in English and the terms she could not grasp were ship parts. The scary part is that I was able to read at collegiate level in the fourth grade and Rav Roov about the third. As the nieces and nephews age it is apparent how unusual this is.

As for the bird brained Duck, reading comprehension is not one of his strengths. It would help if he would get his head out of his backside, but it is a job requirement
of commies world wide.

2 comments:

Ducky's here said...

The scary part is that I was able to read at collegiate level in the fourth grade and Rav Roov about the third.

--------------

Then why are you reading junior high level literature?

beakerkin said...

Duncy

Lets see, I read for enjoyment and a well crafted book is far better than your idiotic films nobody cares about. Furthermore, despite leftist arrogance more wisdom can be found in the works of Kenneth Roberts than Norman Mailer or Truman Capote.