Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Spending some much needed rest with my new family

I am spending the day with my family and then am off to spend time with the Tranquil Sea and the Sprite. My family does enjoy having me around even if it is for a few days.

I will be back at work Friday. My sentence is almost finnished and I will return to my desk. My journey will be complette with a blistering report on these barbaric practices. Most of the fellow members of my tour have mellowed. I seem to be angrier than ever and unrepentant. Seniority, needs to be respected and there are rewards for length of service on normal jobs.

A good friend retired yesterday and I will miss her. She was not allowed the dignity of returning to her office to retire. She spent her last months in the company of many she did not know. At least when I left Vermont I was accorded the honor of spending my last days in my home unit with whom I took great pride in serving. There is a slim chance I may be headed to DC or to another section upon my return. I long for my warm office and the sound of Surf Music and the picture of John Wayne on the Wall.

6 comments:

Ducky's here said...

Beak, take the message. They want you to "retire".

beakerkin said...

As the Duke says "that'll be the day". I got another 30 years to go
and many happy tales to write. Long after your doodles are a memory the legacy of my work will remain. There will be families reunited, criminals locked up and just ordinary folk along the way.

The journey will continue

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Yeah, Beak. You should organize the peons into a union or something.

:PPPPP

beakerkin said...

Mr. B

The workers are already in a very respected union. This does not prevent a local tyrant from going psycho until the arbitration process runs its course in years.

Ducky's here said...

Hey Officer Obie, got any hot excerpts from Wikileaks? Bet you're reading them on the job. Come on and share.

Justin said...

Just stopped in to wish you a Happy Hanukkah Beak. Keep being the light you have been.