Sunday, December 12, 2010

I don't get it sometimes

I am at a loss to grasp why on earth the middle daughter made curried goat. You can eat the stuff all day and be lucky to get any actual meat. In frustration I tossed what appeared to be a knee cap to the Maltese. I couldn't get it back and I tried bribing him with Turkey but he wouldn't give up that knee cap. I gave the dog some turkey anyway because I am a soft touch. The dog gnawed on it for four hours non stop
except for my losing turkey.

I just went out to the west Indian Chinese place up the block to get a few dishes and found an order placed there when I arrived. We always order way too much and the food lasts for two days.

I find it odd what the kids will leave alone. The applesauce with cinnamon gets left alone as do the Heinz Gerkins. The Barrel Pickles from Manhattan go faster than I can shake a stick at. Brownies go fast but Boston Cream or Key Lime Pie gets left alone.

My daughter knows I prefer to shop alone because I am fast and decisive. She does not let me do this too often. I did get the lunchables because young kids seem to adore them, but I have to be careful to select the ones with poultry only. It is a great convenience for the Tranquil Sea who does not have to pack lunch. She does chide me on their cost $4.00.

As far as politics and the home believe it or not the subject never comes up. The notion that I would not get the family a Christmas Tree or not be there as a member of a family is unthinkable. I just used a line or two from Zola Levitt to explain the relationship between my people and Christ. Most important is the concept of family unity and togetherness.

Small gestures seem to transform the place like eating together or letting the kids bug me while watching a movie make the place more home like. I always take a nap during the day so I can be awake when the Tranquil Sea comes home a 3:45 A.M. We talk for a bit and I always have leftovers.

The weather was so bad the Maltese took care of business and ran right home. The rain did not bother me but the wind was nearly 70 MPH. I would not attempt to walk the dog in that type of wind. The dog places his head in the harness and is used to the pre walk preparations. He does not leave my side and sleeps by me. On my own I sometimes explore the area and remember to take him in good weather. I do have to take a carrier and take him to the dog run in Union Square in the spring.

2 comments:

Always On Watch said...

I am at a loss to grasp why on earth the middle daughter made curried goat. You can eat the stuff all day and be lucky to get any actual meat.

An unfattened goat, maybe.

Ducky's here said...

Imagine that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo_BnqPZ8bs