Sunday, July 05, 2009

Despair in the Age of Obama

Many of us are disillusioned by the direction the country is going. We see ideas we disagree with being implemented and our liberties being eroded. Even as we search for glimmers of hope more of us are hurting in this down turn. It is too early to blame Obama and Presidents really get too much blame and credit for the economy as it is part of the business cycle.

In this despair some of us have become unglued. We seek a bogeyman for the malaise and despair.Some of us have over the top hatred for Obama, some blame the Jews and others turn to internal strife.

I am concerned some of us are rooting for the economy to fail so Obama will get the boot. I want to stress that I want to see the economy improve so that families can function. I might not like Obama, but for now I want to see America get back to work.

I also want to discuss feminism and the family based upon a uprising post by the editrix. I was always surprised when a strong articulate woman declared she was against feminism.

My dissent was that we have intimacy needs. Men and women need to bond and grow together
so that each might find emotional bliss. Feminism is a divisive unnatural ideology that denies the need for emotional intimacy. One can have all their individual needs met and still be empty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not rooting for the economy to fail. I'm simply stating that it can't help BUT fail given the direction the Administration and Congress are taking us. Big difference.

Always On Watch said...

I would never root for the economy to suffer an even greater downturn. Mr. AOW and I are struggling as it is!

But if the economy does get worse, I doubt that this Congress and BHO would get re-elected. That THAT would be a good thing -- failure for those who deserve it.

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Communism failed so many times all over the world because the Communists couldn't shut down the samizdat critics fast enough.

Bur we're Americans. We can do anything we put our minds to, including making Communism realistic and functional and making 2 + 2 = 5.

Yes we can! Yes we can!