In the old days this site would interview bloggers on subjects we did not know.
I would like ro get the Editrix to see if she can let us know what is going on in Germany. She can let us know about many things from a unique perspective.
1) Is there a regional accents that are noticeable to a native German speaker. Would a person from Berlin sound different from someone in Munich?
2) Americans are familiar with the larger parties in Germany? Are there smaller local parties as well?
3) What American TV shows are available in Germany?
4) Are uncommon books like the Great Divide by Schmidt and the works of Thomas Sowel available in German?
5) Who are the Greens?
6) Is there any talk of Immigration reform in Germany?
7) Is there a home schooling movement in Germany?
8) Are there Real Estate Taxes in Germany?
9) If you went to the local gourmet shop could one find oddities such as Vermont Maple Syrup
and Louisiana Crayfish at the market?
10) What is Ramstein about? Is this a crass fad equivalent to Punk Rock in the states?
11) How is India portrayed in the German press?
12) Has Obama won over some of America's critics in Germany?
13) What are your thoughts about women who wear Burkha's is it a public safety issue. Should the government have the right or duty to identify citizens?
14) Are there speed limits on German roadways other than autobahns?
15) Do immigrants have any obligations to their host country?
16) How is World War One treated in the history books in Germany?
17) Does the failure of responsible mainstream parties to address topics like immigration reform give fringe malicious parties opportunities to stoke populist support.
18) Is crime rising in Germany?
19) If an American were to come to Germany for one week what sites would you recommend?
20) Is there media diversity in Germany? Americans have Fox News as an alternative to the mainstream press? Is there a German equivalent to Fox News?
21) What American films stand out as classics in your tastes. Name your five all time favorites?
22) Other than McDonald's or Fast food are there restaurants in Germany that mimic American cooking styles such as Cajun, New York Deli or California Fusion?
23) Are American Cartoons such as Sponge Bob and Bugs Bunny shown on German TV?
24) What are your thoughts on Children's films over the years does Shrek or Monsters Inc compare with Bambi or Pinnochio from an earlier era?
25) Should love be left for theologians, poets or musicians to describe?
26) Is Vanilla Ice just as dreadful in Germany as it is in the States. I am amazed when I meet Polish immigrants who can't speak a word of English but proclaim "Vanilla Ice stinks". These are people who were maybe five when he performed. Is his legacy as the worst American cultural export safe?