Friday, September 02, 2005

Home at last

I love being back in NYC with educated articulate neighbors. In fair their is a brilliant Enlishman in my building and my coworkers are great. I am in the Beakerkin library and planning to get a Staten Island Yankee game. I will leave as the Matt Drudge radio show comes on the air on Sunday.

I will see the Strand book store and my favorite haunts. I do not miss the losers in Union Square Park. My first clue I was home is when WABC radio was on my radio. The John Batchelor show was ny first sound of home.

I love hearing the accent and the energy . My first night was by my sister in NJ and I got lost in Paramus. The local police guided me towards the turn off on the last ten miles. I do not have the stamina to drive more then three hours without a rest.

I will have Jewish food for dinner. I will dine in an ethnic resturant probably the Kiev on Second Avenue before I go home. I will stop by Ground Zero and pray for those who lost their lives.

Sometimes one has to leave NYC to learn to love it.

8 comments:

beakerkin said...

What this has to do with the post is beyond me ?

Lets see Congress allocates thne budget. I guess the Big Dig in Boston was a higher priority with the Dems. Pork goes across the political spectrum. Keep on trolling .

Esther said...

I tend to delete comments that have nothing to do with the price of tea in China, so to speak.

Beak, I'm soooooo glad you're getting to spend time in NYC again! Wooohoooo!!!!!!! Eat a knish for me, okay?

Anonymous said...

I am sure that home is a poorer place for your presence. Can’t you give them a break and piss off again?

beakerkin said...

Oh look who drops in the Toady. Lets see your master compares Bush to Hitler .

Let me tell you this the mental pathologies of 167 and yourself belong in a museum. He knows zero about the American people. Nor are they going to rise up in his odd fantasies.

beakerkin said...

Drew you are more creative then than then that.

beakerkin said...

Drew

You have standards of excellence as the official troll of this blog . This is fairly lame second rate material.

Try something with more originality and venom.

Jason Pappas said...

I haven't eaten in the Kiev in a long time - or the Second Ave Deli up the avenue (but we've ordered lunch from them a few times.) There used to be a hidden restaurant in the Ukrainian National Home on 2nd Ave between St. Marks & 9th Street (down the block from Veselka). I wonder if it is still there. I remember, in the 70s, how the Ukrainian National Home used to have a sign to remember the millions that Stalin killed in the 1932-3 man-made famine. My leftist friends thought they were making that up.

Speaking of food, how about the Indian restaurants on 6th Street or Gaylord's on 1st Ave? It's been a long time since I've been to the East Village. It must be a changed place.

Which do you prefer: 2nd Ave Deli, Katz', Fine and Schapiro, Carnigie Deli, Ben's?

Sorry, to temp you but since your back, you might as well put on a few pounds!

beakerkin said...

Actualy I like Ben,s on 38 street and there is an even better Italian cafeteria style resturant Veronicas. Veronicas is my all time favorite but I was too tired to run into the city on Friday.