Thursday, September 22, 2005

Beaker on stanby

The possible huricane in TX leaves deployment uncertain. The first wave of volunteers is still in NO. I will volunteer again to go to TX but if sufficient volunteers are not found my lack of seniority might be the ticket.

The realty is that people with families seldom volunteer for assignments and ninety days in an odd place will not hurt me. NYC seems probable but I am praying that I will return.

I was home yesterday and each time I leave it gets harder. Vermont is a great place and my coworkers are the finest crew but NYC is my home. There is no newstand and if you do not drink this is not the place for you.

I will be working Saturday as I did not work yesterday. I did get 44 mpg on the way up . If you have cruise control use it as it allows you to concentrate on the road. I used it on this trip and I was not nearly as tired as the last.

No comments: