Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Strange but true

I am trying to remember way back to my HS and College days. I honestly never ate in the hs cafeteria or bought a meal. I think as school ended at 2 I merely picked up a sandwich on my way home. I college I think I might have had a slice of pizza or a Blimpie Tuna sandwich. I would read in the cafeteria, but never buy the food there.

One thing to remember is that lost in the Obama's food fascism is children eat what they wish. Many will skip meals because they are unfamiliar. The notion that children will suddenly eat veggies because the junk food is taken out is mistaken.

The answer may be to make junk food healthier instead of scrapping it. I was reminded of this when my daughter stole my spinach roll and I gave her an odd look. Actually the spinach roll isn't too bad and the waitress  told me just order more cheapo.  What is the world comming to when kids steal spinach rolls and spinach pie. The secret is the stuff tastes darn good and isn't so bad.


Maybe we need to be realistic and practical instead of food bullies.

4 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Beak,
Did you hear Mark Levin on Michelle Obama as the new Eva Peron. Find it HERE.

Are you observing Yom Kippur?

Ducky's here said...

Your fascination with junk food is fascinating in itself.

beakerkin said...

Junk food is part of the popular culture. The idea of the government playing food fascist is a bit much.

The bouncing pumpernickel came from a gourmet bakery. We may make jokes about Wonderbread but I never saw it bounce.

beakerkin said...

I am home for Yom Kippur and fasting. I got four tubs of gourmet ices for when it is done.