Thursday, January 20, 2011

Away

My apologies to my regular readers about the paucity of posts. I have been spending most of my spare time with child care and taking care of the Maltese. The Maltese adores me and the Tranquil Sea, but can be very mean if someone approaches either of us while we sleep.

I have been reading Wafa Sultan's book in my spare moments hat tip to AOW.

My mom has the big C again but it is early. Keep me in your prayers. I did get my head handed to me by her for telling the daughter not to call. Sometimes the Sprite gets mischievous and will grab my phone and push the button that says Mom. Apparently, even though she is sick an odd phone call or two is not a hassle. I am still less than thrilled with her asking my mother to send cookies or wanting to visit when she is sick. My mother actually has a bag of chicken fingers for such visits.

I would like my mother to rest. My mother seems to enjoy the phone calls and wants more time with the Sprite even though she is not well. I am also not exactly certain how my mother even understands what my daughter is saying as she will often veer into West Indian Creole English and talk of strange words like Bora and Gilbacker. I understand exactly what these items are. What my mother thinks they are remains a mystery.

10 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Sorry to read about your mother's illness.

The_Editrix said...

"I have been reading Wafa Sultan's book in my spare moments hat tip to AOW."

Kudos to AOW and you! It's a must-read.

beakerkin said...

I have to express my shock that particular book is available by you.
The part that details the near lesbianism at Islamic weddings and rampant sexual abuse are hair raisers.

The_Editrix said...

Why should it be shocking that the book is available to me?

beakerkin said...

Not every selection that is published in English does get translated for the German market. There are some odd books that likely
do not get translated such as the works of Johnah Goldberg.

The part about lesbianism at Muslim weddings probably would have upset someone in publishing.

I am cringing while reading this book. The analysis is blunt with no
parsed words

The_Editrix said...

"Not every selection that is published in English does get translated for the German market."

Oh Beak, for Heaven's sake! I don't need a German translation to read an English book.

beakerkin said...

This is 100% true as you do read and write better than 90% of native speakers.

Did the part about near lesbianism at Muslim weddings shock you. I was prepared for the stories of abuse and humiliation of women, but that came out of left field.

The_Editrix said...

I suppose I have to re-read it because I missed that. That said, I am covering the topic "Islam" for roughly ten years now. Nothing a Muslim does can shock me anymore.

The_Editrix said...

I found it. I don't think it's shocking. For those poor women, touching each other means for once some tenderness and a pleasant sensation when it comes to sex.

SecondComingOfBast said...

Exactly, Editrix. I never gave it any thought, but I would be surprised to learn there is no lesbianism. I'll go you one better than that. I would say lesbianism is probably encouraged as a way Muslims have of making sure their wives are faithful. They probably don't see lesbianism as adultery. Muslim men are so hung-up on sex, they are psychotic on the subject. I think I'm going to start a rumor that I screwed three Muslim women in Detroit and paid them four hundred dollars each, then give a vague description of each one, just to see how many Muslim women are found murdered within the next few weeks. It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it. They should kick those fucking people out of here and send their asses somewhere else. The bottom of the Atlantic Ocean would be fine with me.