Saturday, October 24, 2009

Off on a Journey

I will be joining a coworkers Church on a day trip to Ct. For reasons that I am not fully aware of I am comfortable with the local Guyanese community. I worked closely with them in the fashion industry and after.

Now those of you understand I am not to fond of vegetarians. However, when it is a religious as opposed to a political belief it is a different matter. There are no long wind lectures and I am respectful. I will point out the irony of a bug eyed commie lecturing me about KFC is just ironic. Leave it to an apologist for Killing Fields and Gulags to worry about the fate of poultry.

Usually for whatever reason the folks love for me to do a few jokes on the bus ride.
Hearing me respond in the local dialect is usually good for a laugh. The Church also appreciates my very generous donations.

A normal NYer finds himself everywhere, nowhere and all points in between.

5 comments:

The Merry Widow said...

Have a great time and a safe trip! Going to look at the leaves changing? Or another destination?

I know what you mean about vegetarians...my daughter is a flexitarian, but she even cooks for my son and I, who are not.
If a conservative is a vegetarin, they just don't eat meat. If a leftista is one, they want the entire world to eschew meat products. (Hat tip to Steve Harkonnen)
GOD bless and MARANATHA!

tmw

Ducky's here said...

"A normal NYer"?

That's a contradiction.

Ducky's here said...

mw, I'm vegetarian but I don't push the issue with friends.

beakerkin said...

Point raised and noted.

troutsky said...

Perhaps you could record one of these bus-ride monologues and you-tube it for us. Seriously. BTW our cult members only eat lean emu meat seared sparingly.