Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Learned a few things

The ability to speak well publicly is apparently rare. I hate to do this role but apparently I excel in it. If possible it is better for an officer who is closer to the deceased to do the talking. When I addressed the family this was not a canned speech it was something from the heart from someone who knew the deceased. The decision of my boss. to make an appearance but let me talk was correct.

As children we know about our parents, but we know little about work. My daughter knows I am an officer but she knows little about what I do. Filling in the daily routine was important for the children. In the case of the deceased he was modest about his accomplishments at home and at work. He was top notch before illness robbed him of some skills. I did not talk about the decline of skills.

Contrary to the assessment of poultry my ability to prepare a speech on a variety of subjects is considered first rate. I did perform this for a previous boss a few times. The notion of me performing my own material was not considered. On this occasion, I was asked multiple times who wrote that. When one writes legal decisions it makes other types of writing easier. Legal writing is devoid of emotion and comedy, although on rare occasions sometimes subtle  sarcasm will slip through.

As my boss is paranoid, I don't have to worry about assisting in the directors other projects. The current boss clamps down on my contributions because she is insecure and likes to steal credit. She is limited in her intellect to legal thinking and I draw on many and it is difficult for me. She asked for a specific problem to be solved and I used a flowchart to explain why the problem could not be solved in her rigid parameters. It could be solved by changing the parameters of the question. Her boss understood the presentation as thinking outside the box. However, I clearly demonstrated solving the problem with the limitations imposed by the question was mathematically impossible.


3 comments:

Ducky's here said...

She is limited in her intellect to legal thinking and I draw on many and it is difficult for me.

------
You need an editor.

beakerkin said...

You are limited in your comprehension as well. Law is not the discipline to solve process issues.

Ducky's here said...

You are limited in your comprehension as well. Law is not the discipline to solve process issues.
----------
You need an editor.