Sunday, December 07, 2008

Ladies have some sense

I am saddened by what appears to be another tragedy at a club in NYC. People go to these clubs are more often than not the wrong people. I dreaded going there with coworkers as I wouldn't go alone.

I hear the familiar complaint from my female coworkers that there aren't nice guys out there. They are out there, but you need to do your homework. Ask friends, family and coworkers as they know more than one will find in a club. If he is over 40 you may need to be more assertive and patient. He may have had a few bad relationships and has stopped looking. Treat the search as if you are looking for a new job. Learn to read his body language and eyes.

The clubs are filled with empty vain people. Things are not what they seem and people
believe too easily. I was supposed to go with my coworkers on Friday. However, when a man has a soul mate such places are wastes of time.

5 comments:

SecondComingOfBast said...

That is not true. It is true, but only to the extent that people go to clubs mainly to hook up. That's a recipe for a shallow relationship. The best way to enjoy clubs is to go for the drink, food, and atmosphere, the music, and companionship not necessarily sexual or romance. If you concentrate on the basics of just getting to know new people, the romance might blossom with one of them later after you've given it some time to grow, then that person might not seem so shallow.

Always On Watch said...

when a man has a soul mate such places are wastes of time.

That's how it's been for me for over 35 years. Not a bad place to be!

Larry Gambone said...

I know you are such a sensitive guy, Beak...

Z said...

Laura Garza's her name, no? I saw it on CNN this weekend.
Any news on her, Beak?

The fact that young women let themselves be led away by complete strangers is a sad indictment of our society, in my opinion.

Looking for Mr. Goodbar comes to mind..remember that book? Those young women aren't usually just leaving with the stranger for a pub crawl.......what are they THINKING?

as if I was a saint? Naaaa

Ducky's here said...

You know, Beak, If I were King of the World, I'd require that people like Bill O'Reilly and Karl Rove and David Horowitz perform in full clown makeup. I'd call it the "Truth in Media Packaging" law.

What do you think?