Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Case of Nerves

Today Sunbeam meets my parents for the first time as my soul mate. I have complete confidence in her. My signal to my mother when she is been embarrassing is to mention
Shakespeare. Of course this does not work with an English major.

Sadly she has her finals and the meeting will be brief. Annoying professors do not make
allowances for couples in love.

I will be meeting her family next week. I know them for thirty years, but being a boyfriend is a different matter than family friend. Sunbeam knows her family and I will
rely on her.

7 comments:

Rita Loca said...

I love these little updates! It's like a novela in short episodes!!!

Anonymous said...

It's always easier when you already know who's in the cast...

Steve Harkonnen said...

Boy, nothing like love before Christmas, eh? I hope it all goes well for you.

If your mum mentioned Shakespeare in front of me, I'd be the first English major to tell her that Shakespeare is the most mind-numbingly BORING English writer ever.

Give me Milton any day of the week....or even Rimbaud (even though Rimbaud isn't English).

The Merry Widow said...

Kind of like the installments of yesteryear.
Sherlock Holmes was written that way...
G*D bless and MARANATHA!

tmw
I did pray, how did it go?

Always On Watch said...

Next week will be wonderful! I just know it.

SecondComingOfBast said...

Well-what happened? Inquiring minds want to know. We all hope you didn't have to recite the entirety of As You Like It, or-gasp-The Tempest.

beakerkin said...

The meeting went off much better than expected. My mother didn't embarrass
me too much. I was somewhat annoyed by he feeling the need to touch the pashmina that I bought Sunbeam. Sunbeam was not bothered by it at all and perceived the matter differently.I viewed it as an intrusion or a lack of sophistication. Then again it is not an item frequently worn by women in our community.

I was later told that this reaction
is quite common even amongst friends. Her daughters played with
it for quite a while as an unusual fashion item.