Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas and New Years 2008

When 2008 opened I had just returned from a cross country trip. The year wasn't easy
but it had a great ending. I heard a voice from my past the one I always loved from afar reach out to me. I never thought I would be worthy of her grace and charm.

My life is much better now than it has ever been. I have the woman of my dreams by my side. After a life time of the big guy upstairs handing me comedic lines I not only get
the girl I get the one I longed for. My coworkers have noticed the change and I have also lost 50lbs over the year. Sunbeam not only fills my heart she has probably lengthened my days.

I am always thankful for my blog family who always stood by. Many of you always said I needed a good woman in my life. Most of you hated Northwind who just wasn't up to the job. At some point Sunbeam will stop in and you will get to meet her.

I feared love and this may sound funny. I always feared getting hurt or even worse hurting someone. Even the tears of someone unworthy like Northwind sting at my soul.
Even a chunky bachelor gets plenty of offers from many beautiful women. As men get older in NYC we go from doing the hunting to being the hunted. Sadly women find long term romance with men 15 years older or flawed men. I found myself tempted by many offers, but Sunbeam is the one I always wanted. I knew she was special even thirty years ago. I had no idea how vibrant she was and she has grown more beautiful over time.

It is a good thing to fall in love with the right person. I bask in the warmth of my
sunbeam. I count my blessings every morning and live for her smile or a text. I no longer am playing out my days or am racing towards infinity. I envision a series of wonderful misadventures with her as the chapters will only get better towards the end.

All right now it is time for you to help Beakerkin. I am planning to watch some films
with Sunbeam. Sunbeam was going to indulge me and watch some of my favorites but that
doesn't seem fair. Lets have some suggestions.

I was going to watch the Quiet Man and the Searchers with her.

Ducky Do not suggest Battleship Potemkin or mission to Moscow. Dr Zhivago might be good if she hasn't seen it.

9 comments:

Ducky's here said...

How about "Two Comrades were Serving". Fantastic camera work. Neglected classic.

I'd go back to the early American screwball comedy. Trouble in Paradise, Bringing Up Baby, My Man Godfrey.

Always On Watch said...

Okay, this is corny now. But the feelings expressed therein are not corny -- not when you're in love.

Always On Watch said...

My favorite movie of all time: Awakenings. The title refers to the patients, but more than that. The "awakenings" also refer to the awakening of love in the heart.

I never tire of watching the film.

BTW, the film my parents went to see the night that Dad popped the question was How Green Was My Valley. I haven't seen it in years, though; it might be a downer for all I recall right now.

SecondComingOfBast said...

1. The Savage Innocents
2. Milk
3. Peyton Place
4. The Man With The Golden Arm
5. Twin Peaks-Fire Walk With Me
6. The Long Hot Summer
7. Memento
8. A Beautiful Mind
9. The Usual Suspects

Just write them down, what ones both of you haven't seen, on slips of paper and each of you draw one out of a hat, then watch them both.

And yes, I know you're probably going to refuse to watch Milk.

Good on you for getting with your love of many years. I've been in love with the same person for years too, but I'll probably never get with her. Funny thing is, in a way I don't want to. Go figure.

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

You can pretty much skip films made by French people. They're all crap.

jams o donnell said...

REgardless of Beamish's views Jean de Florette and Manon des Sources are worth a watch.

Happy Xmas or should that be a belated happy Heineken... I'm off to fix Mimi some eggnogg....

Jason Pappas said...

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years. It’s great to hear you are in good spirits for a very good reason.

By the way, you two may want to see the old Garbo movie, Ninotchka. It’s always worth seeing again.

Warren said...

Blade Runner.

What does it mean to be human?

Steve Harkonnen said...

Just steer clear of the remake of the day the earth stood still.

That was the day I absurdly and very loudly snored myself awake.