Thursday, December 25, 2008

The First of Many Trips

Today Sunbeam and I take our first road trip together. It is another first for us. I will be reconnecting with her family after 20 years. My context will be much different
and I am now a man. However, this is somewhat easier on me and them because I am not an unknown.

One of the ultimate boyfriend tests is do you let your girlfriend drive your car. I enjoy my car, but Sunbeam is the love of my life so it is a no-brainer.

I am taking ribbing from the guys about not watching football to be with Sunbeam. I love Sunbeam and enjoy the Giants. There is no choice as every moment spent with Sunbeam is precious. This is the woman I want to marry and spend the rest of my life with. The choice should be obvious to those with a brain. Sunbeam did not force me to choose and understands. I will not be going to my coworkers superbowl party. I want to spend my time with Sunbeam.

I have always known Sunbeam was special and the type of woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Unfortunately, we never had a private conversation where I could convey my feelings. I am much different in private and those who see me in that
context will gladly inform you.

It is funny going from clown to romantic role model in my office. I still enjoy a laugh or two especially with good cases. However, my female coworkers prefer this aspect. Sometimes they smile at some of the stories like Sunbeam and I having the same taste in Art.

There is a picture in my office that is there for many reasons. There is a picture of me at 22 with my exwife. The Princess did not believe such an inept clown had ever been loved much less married and pestered to see a picture of my exwife. I never figured that she would deduce who the man in the picture was. The picture still creates a stir and is described as movie star good looks. The other day new workers were amazed and said it was no joke.

The picture served as a reminder to the twenty somethings that think they own cool and know everything about sex. It says point blank I was better looking and cooler than you will ever be. For the applicant the picture serves as a reminder of what a couple in love should look like.

I am an officer and am proud to serve the American people. However, when my life is summed up the title I will take greatest pride in will be beloved husband. There is now a woman behind my efforts and all my work is no longer a product of pointless pride. I always think about how Sunbeam has enriched my life and added purpose to my days.

I also am thankful to those of you who believed that something like this was possible. I remember and am reminded of the different reaction of my friends to Northwind.

I am going to see if we can get Sunbeam to visit over the weekend.

6 comments:

Always On Watch said...

I will not be going to my coworkers superbowl party. I want to spend my time with Sunbeam.

True love!

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute... you mean introductions to her family take precedence over introductions to ours...? I'm hurt.

Okay, not really. Looking forward to meeting her on-line someday soon!

commoncents said...

Merry Christmas from your friends at COMMON CENTS!
STeve
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Sunbeam will be there forever.

Super Bowl XLII will not.

Go to the Super Bowl party!

[Take her if you must...]

The Merry Widow said...

Mr. B.!!!!!!!!! NO!
Football players come and go, true love relationships last forever...they MUST come first.
Though if my late had been a sports fan, I would have watched some football with him.
As it was, he preferred hikes, boating and camera safaris.

tmw

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

To each their own, I guess.

I'd go insane if I couldn't have a life outside and away from being with my girlfriend.

Thankfully she understands this and leaves me the heck alone. Sometimes I don't even have to tell her.

;)