Thursday, December 25, 2008

The First of Many Trips

Today Sunbeam and I take our first road trip together. It is another first for us. I will be reconnecting with her family after 20 years. My context will be much different
and I am now a man. However, this is somewhat easier on me and them because I am not an unknown.

One of the ultimate boyfriend tests is do you let your girlfriend drive your car. I enjoy my car, but Sunbeam is the love of my life so it is a no-brainer.

I am taking ribbing from the guys about not watching football to be with Sunbeam. I love Sunbeam and enjoy the Giants. There is no choice as every moment spent with Sunbeam is precious. This is the woman I want to marry and spend the rest of my life with. The choice should be obvious to those with a brain. Sunbeam did not force me to choose and understands. I will not be going to my coworkers superbowl party. I want to spend my time with Sunbeam.

I have always known Sunbeam was special and the type of woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Unfortunately, we never had a private conversation where I could convey my feelings. I am much different in private and those who see me in that
context will gladly inform you.

It is funny going from clown to romantic role model in my office. I still enjoy a laugh or two especially with good cases. However, my female coworkers prefer this aspect. Sometimes they smile at some of the stories like Sunbeam and I having the same taste in Art.

There is a picture in my office that is there for many reasons. There is a picture of me at 22 with my exwife. The Princess did not believe such an inept clown had ever been loved much less married and pestered to see a picture of my exwife. I never figured that she would deduce who the man in the picture was. The picture still creates a stir and is described as movie star good looks. The other day new workers were amazed and said it was no joke.

The picture served as a reminder to the twenty somethings that think they own cool and know everything about sex. It says point blank I was better looking and cooler than you will ever be. For the applicant the picture serves as a reminder of what a couple in love should look like.

I am an officer and am proud to serve the American people. However, when my life is summed up the title I will take greatest pride in will be beloved husband. There is now a woman behind my efforts and all my work is no longer a product of pointless pride. I always think about how Sunbeam has enriched my life and added purpose to my days.

I also am thankful to those of you who believed that something like this was possible. I remember and am reminded of the different reaction of my friends to Northwind.

I am going to see if we can get Sunbeam to visit over the weekend.


Always On Watch said...

I will not be going to my coworkers superbowl party. I want to spend my time with Sunbeam.

True love!

FJ said...

Wait a minute... you mean introductions to her family take precedence over introductions to ours...? I'm hurt.

Okay, not really. Looking forward to meeting her on-line someday soon!

commoncents said...

Merry Christmas from your friends at COMMON CENTS!

Beamish said...

Sunbeam will be there forever.

Super Bowl XLII will not.

Go to the Super Bowl party!

[Take her if you must...]

The Merry Widow said...

Mr. B.!!!!!!!!! NO!
Football players come and go, true love relationships last forever...they MUST come first.
Though if my late had been a sports fan, I would have watched some football with him.
As it was, he preferred hikes, boating and camera safaris.


Beamish said...

To each their own, I guess.

I'd go insane if I couldn't have a life outside and away from being with my girlfriend.

Thankfully she understands this and leaves me the heck alone. Sometimes I don't even have to tell her.