Friday, November 30, 2007

Last Day in KC

I did manage to get to an authentic KC style BQ place in Lees Summit. The place was in a former Texaco station and had retro signs on the wall. The group I was with thought this was far and away the best food we had in KC.

NYC types do not see many chains. I did manage to go to a Bob Evans and the food was amazing.
Any place that serves pot roast or meatloaf and mashed potatoes on Texas toast deserves some type of prize.

The KC stint was much quieter and more relaxing than the GA stint. Now it is off to CA, provided that my group is on time. One of my group is always exactly on time and the other is always the last. People who are late drive me up a wall.

2 comments:

The Merry Widow said...

My Mother, who was half German, always told me, "If you can't be on time, be early."
I drive everyone crazy because we are often among the earliest arrivees! Except if it's the after Christmas sale at Bath & Body Works, THEN my daughter is delighted that we are first in line...
Good morning, G*D bless and Maranatha!

tmw
BTW-Did you ever find a Lee's Fried Chicken place? KC HAS great barbeque!

Always On Watch said...

Bob Evans has decent food. Lots of homestyle cooking'!