Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Ballgame Over

I scored a 90 on test three and for all intents and purpose I have passed the class. The score required to pass is 70 and I have currently earned 75.9 points before the final exam. I was surprised my grade was so high. However, even a 50 would have placed me near passing.

The next leg of my trip is on Saturday. I return home before flying into Kansas City on Tuesday.
I will try to take the Greyhound to visit Mr B in St Louis to find out where Lee's Chicken is.

Onto more mundane topics.

When one lives in NYC, one does not get to partake in many middle America experiences. I had a chance to eat at a Golden Corral and this is not a NYC experience. It was my honor to sit in with so many Veterans enjoying a free meal and listening to the assorted Vets. I was one of the few that paid full price.

Beamish in 08.

7 comments:

The Merry Widow said...

Most Golden Corrals will do that...though there are a few that are owned by, less than southerners!
Only enough time home to do your laundry, repack and fly away again!

tmw

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

I'm surprised you haven't found a Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken in Georgia somewhere. There's only around 150 in the US, and only 3 of those are in the St. Louis area. I'm not sure if there's any out in KC.

Why would you ride the bus out here to St. Louis from KC? Talk about taking the long way...

Rita Loca said...

Congrats! And glad you enjoyed Golden Corral and the vets.

kevin said...

Congrats.

Always On Watch said...

I had forgotten about Golden Corral's courtesy to our veterans. Few restaurants do that.

The Golden Corral for my area is miles away. We don't get there often enough.

Anonymous said...

YOU learn so much about taking care of animals from Vets. Okay, it's mostly euthenasia...

elmers brother said...

learned something about Golden Corral.

Keep up the good work Beak.