Sunday, November 25, 2007

Enjoying MO

I am enjoying being in Middle America. Some of the food items are not seen in NYC. I have no idea what Big Red soda is supposed to be but it should be avoided.

The experience here is much more relaxed than the attmosphere in GA. However, they are very strict about the basic rules here. It is mostly minor matters such is make sure you go through door x and not y and your ID should be worn here. It is a pleasant surprise so far and not related to the nasty hype.

Beamish in 08

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy Beak you can tell your a New Yorker. How dare you dis Big Red.
Every good Southern Boy grew up drinking the Liquid Bubble Gum.

Shakes Head sid to side. What do you say we have a RC Cola and a Moon Pie and discuss the finer foods of the South.

beakerkin said...

Justin

I love RC Cola except I haven't seen it in NYC in 2 decades. NYC is a strictly Coke and Pepsi town. There are some interesting Mexican and Caribean soft drinks. A local company
Brooklyn Beverage makes those.

I have been trying to do as many of the local chains as possible. However, I learned quickly people do not go to Hooters for the food.

Anonymous said...

what there's no Texas drink like Dr Pepper i NY

beakerkin said...

Devon

I am not certain what Phib is but it takes much like Dr Pepper. I did see Dr Pepper in GA.

I think Snapple is much more popular in NYC. I do not recall seing Clearly Canadian. They make an excellent Balck Cherry. Snapple made a lime rickey last year that was amazing.
Boylan makes some interesting products especially the odd green apple soda.I did see that at Winn Dixie

Anonymous said...

Pibb was a coke version of Dr Pepper Snapple does make some god versions of old colas like black cherry