Thursday, November 29, 2007

Going Well So far

The Kansas City part of the training has been much easier. The fact that we are in a city and have the ability to unwind as we choose is easy. Now part of being a good traveler is being adaptable and flexible. One of our group is a strict vegetarian who also does not eat cheese. I do what I can but I expect something dead on my plate.

Those who know me are aware that I loathe Japanese and French food. I enjoy Jewish, Cuban, Chinese, Italian, Moroccan and Caribbean cuisine. The group put some pressure on me and I went to a Japanese restaurant. The food and service were superior and I found other items besides sushi.I like all of my meat and fish well cooked. I do not eat anything rare as this does not suit my tastes and is potentially dangerous.

On Saturday I will be flying into LA and oddly be staying in Japantown. I will make a quick trip
to Korea town when I decide to dine.

I will try to get together with Zinla and perhaps Freedom Now in the San Diego portion. Debra Harry is performing in LA and I will try to get tickets. Oddly I have seen her in NYC and she is very much part of the landscape in my old locale. I will also try to locate Beakerambo and remind him his primary job is this blog's avatar. He was last seen partying with some swim suit models. We may have to place him in rehab, provided Mariah Carey is in another facility.

4 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Chinatown LA is pretty good. Mr. AOW and I ate there the last time we were in CA. We also sought out some of the restaurants in the vicinity of Olvera Street.

Ducky's here said...

Olmert's selling the store, Beak

Although I give him credit for realizing that Israel is an apartheid regime.

Prime minister Ehud Olmert today raised the spectre of the disintegration of the state of Israel unless a two-state solution with the Palestinians could be reached.

Drawing a parallel with the last days of the apartheid regime in South Africa he warned: "If the day comes when the two-state solution collapses, and we face a South African-style struggle for equal voting rights (with Palestinians) ... then, as soon as that happens, the state of Israel is finished."

nanc said...

i don't ever want to be so "cultured" as to enjoy sushi! my husband, the hick, loves it.

i do, however, love japanese and enjoy raw oysters.

favorite foods must always be spicy hot!

have fun in californistan. if you get to see zin and my fern - please give them a hug they won't soon forget.

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Ducky,

If whenever someone doubts you're a leftist, forcefully point out the lack of reading comprehension skills that laid the foundation for your bizarre spin on the link you posted above.

I'm not even going to bother to try to get you to explain why citizens of a neighboring Psuedostinian state should be able to vote in an Israeli election.

Out of curiousity, Ducky, do you enjoy being percieved as stupid?