Friday, May 09, 2014

Take time for you

Life passes by before you know it. I am old tired and worn and don't know if tomorrow will be the end. The is the paradox of surviving explosions at the WTC. Enjoy a nap with the small dog whose loving demeanor
is priceless. I fell asleep on the sofa and curled up next to me was the Maltese. Spend time with the daughter and grandchildren. Spend time with the significant other. Joke with the local merchants.

Life is short.

I am approaching 48 most of my life is behind me. I have done many good deeds and made a difference in many lives. Still, those whose disdain for the public foul my profession. I am still fighting the good fight. Perhaps time in Citizenship will refresh me. Being unique and real no doubt people will,still  reach out to me to do the extraordinary. Oddly, the extraordinary is ordinary if we stop and listen and are open. When one looks at the facts most things are possible. Tell people what you need and expect and things get done. Life is too short for games.

2 comments:

Ducky's here said...

I'm concerned that you are descending into a nasty depression, Beak.

Some vacation due, maybe?

You are going to have to learn to be less combative at work and drop the idea to you aren't going to have to compromise. Learn to pick your spots and relax a bit.

Oh, and get out of the city more often. Break your routine.

beakerkin said...

When I fight at work lives and principles are at stake. The local
chapter of immigration lawyers is a big fan.