Monday, May 26, 2014

Spending the day with the family

It is Guyana independence day and I will celebrate the birth of my adopted country in Queens. Guyana. Of all the moments I pass being a father and grandfather are the best. I didn't expect to enjoy the role so much, but it suits me.

A nice day with the girlfriend, daughter, grand kid (long story) and friends from the Guyanese community is on tap. I will eat some curried lamb with bora.

I want to wish all the veterans of the armed forces a happy Memorial Day. War is something to be done after all else has failed. My grandfather was a proud veteran of a forgotten war for a country he loathed and left at the first opportunity.

Enjoy time with the family or loved ones.

The little Maltese will greet my return. I fell asleep on the patio yesterday. He jumped out the window and wanted to run.

2 comments:

Thersites said...

Thank you for YOUR service.

beakerkin said...

And you too FJ. You also serve