Sunday, December 20, 2009

Scenes from the snow

I am taking my time digging out. I was pleasantly surprised to see a huge Blue Jay
in a tree above. We got a foot over here but it is bad snow that is wet and heavy. The walk is 1/3 done and I have to get to the cars.

It is amusing to see the Blue Jay sit in a snow divot that I made. The lawn is exposed in that spot. There is a small family of sparrows that lives under the awning protected from snow and rain. They made their home above a porch light that we never use. I think I turned it on when it was below zero. The area is also protected from the wind as it almost always blows the other way

5 comments:

CM said...

SNOW!!!!

Sounds wonderful and beautiful, yet lots of work, I see an occasional blue bird, but many Red birds(Cardinals) this time of the years.

Getting close to Christmas and all we have here in Oklahoma is frost on the windshields.

My daughter and I are thinking about taking the boys to OKC to play in the artificial snow at the Bricktown ball park, since they keep asking "will it ever snow" and they are on Christmas break.

We do get a little snow but freezing ice will shut down the town at times, electricity and all. Kinda anxious to see the artificial stuff myself. Portions of downtown is said to be a neon Christmas village!

Keep safe and warm and "HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL".

CM

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful day for it!

Ducky's here said...

Buck up Beak, a foot is child's play.

I don't even get out the snow blower under 15 inches.

Always On Watch said...

The snow here was light and fluffy.

This morning, I took a photo of a male cardinal in a snow-flocked tree. Stunning sight!

I saw many chickadees come in close to the front porch so as to get the bread crumbs I scattered around sunrise today.

It took hours to dig our here. Not having a garage for the car is a curse when this much snow falls. We got about two feet here. And shoveling off that wheelchair ramp was a bitch! The snow had drifted over the top rail on one side.

Always On Watch said...

One of my cars is snowed in until the next big thaw.