Saturday, May 30, 2015

A cold day in hell

Due to a massive sick out I am back at my old job for a limited run. Of course one of the cases is really bad. Then again it seems poetic that on my first moment back it wouldn't be easy. It isn't like I haven't done this before and worse. The new officers I have been training are excited to see me in action. I pointed out I was an officer in good standing before the politics moved me into other areas. I find it odd that the first officer to be cross tasked is the one that's been away for more than a year. Don't understand why every time they announce a change the first person sent over the hill is me.

I didn't like being sent over the hill first, but it seems to be in the cards. I just need some theme music like the opening to Rio Lobo or the Shootist.

Then again when I returned to action I expected it wouldn't be easy. I agreed to go back to work with my old boss. I did not expect to be trail blazing. What makes this more bizzare is I am starting in a script I wrote for management.

It will be ten years this week. A small raise of 4k is my anniversary present.

2 comments:

Ducky's here said...

How about a spaghetti western theme?

beakerkin said...

I like the piece from the dessert in the Good the Bad and the Ugly