Saturday, December 21, 2013

2013

This was the year my career turned around. Oddly, the innovation and techniques to survive the work place bullying paid dividends. My choice was meet impossible goals of production and quality or die. Rather then die, I developed techniques and systems to meet impossible goals.

Eventually, the bully found herself in a staff position away from line workers. The new boss found the time saving techniques important to achieving unit goals. Some of my custom applications found their way into other offices. I mentored brand new employees and got them on track quickly. I had been doing the mentoring for years. Now it was appreciated. Ideas we assumed all people were doing were not being used.

I will be doing more mentoring. Oddly, smarter long term employees who have been there for years took the opportunity to learn.2014 looks to be a better year.

No comments: