Saturday, March 05, 2011

New Reading

I did go to Borders yesterday. It is disturbing to see the Book Stores I go to go belly up. Fortunately there is still the good old Strand on Broadway and 12. However, I did get a few books mostly my old set of Robert Howard Comics. My favorite is the dour Puritan Solomon Kane who unfortunately comes from MA. I also got Duped which tells of Communist espionage and biographies of Robert Rogers and Thadeus Kosciousco.

I am going to try and to Gnomeo and Juliet with the Sprite. I loathe Elton John but it is my daughter. The things us generically oriented guys endure is sometimes trully amazing.

5 comments:

Alligator said...

Beak, Barnes and Noble in our quarter is in big trouble. Talk of shutting them down, I suppose its because people can browse and order online or purchase as E books.

Somehow taking an Ipad or Digital Read to the can or to the easy chair is not same as taking a book.

Ducky's here said...

I am going to try and to Gnomeo and Juliet with the Sprite. I loathe Elton John but it is my daughter.

-------------------

Does her mother ever kick in for the kid's support?

Forget the father, I know.

beakerkin said...

People do not read as much and I do not care for E books. I am old school.

SecondComingOfBast said...

Fuck e books. They'll never replace paper. Well, at least if you read Playbody online you don't have to worry about the staples, but otherwise-

Brooke said...

There's something about the feel and smell of an old book that a Kindle cannot touch. We are tactile creatures, after all.