Monday, January 12, 2009

Be Yourself

Those of you who regularly read this blog know of my deep love for a woman I call Sunbeam. She is the light in my life and warms my heart. I am a very changed man as her love has enriched my life.

Some of my coworkers do not like the new me. I am more confident, slimmer and less concerned by the whims of abusive types.

We define ourselves and the changes in my life were never demands from Sunbeam. When I divorced I walked away from many things and lived in the present. The coworkers who do not like the new me will have to adjust.

I have also learned my lesson about people who claim to speak for everyone. I speak only for myself and do not need everyone to talk for me. Cliques are the realm of very shallow and often very cruel people. In reality it was they who changed me into something I was not. Even when I was younger and very good looking I loathed dance clubs. I certainly did not need them to find dates. I liked a one on one date where my attention was focused and I could be myself.

The man about town is not me, it was never me. I walk with Sunbeam in a mall and we look like a married couple. Illusions are for those who can not deal with reality. My
life with Sunbeam is better than any illusion or fantasy of popularity.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

3's a crowd, beakerkin.

Steve Harkonnen said...

Beak's in love, big time, and we all dig it, even the Duck!

Warren said...

Its always worked for me.

Love me or hate me, I'm always Warren.

Z said...

I love you, Warren!!

Beak....great advice.