Sunday, March 16, 2014

Times a changing

I have spent seven years in one place in the NYC Office. I rose to be a mentor from a rags to riches story. I formally asked for a transfer to another unit. I have done my time and wish to move on. Unfortunately, I am a valued member of my home unit and my wishes may not be granted.

I fought for a type of peaceful process. My fight was long and had many turns. Now that this is the accepted practice it is time to do other things. Of course there will be some opposition, but new tasks beckons.

3 comments:

Ducky's here said...

Finally wise to what's going on?

Always On Watch said...

Let me know what happens, Beak.

beakerkin said...

I have done the same thing for seven years. Unfortunately, I am very identified with my manager and am
unlikely to be allowed to move. The reason is I understand work floe and
give straight answers when asked. If something is impossible I state so.

The local legal community also is against the move. I want to try my hand at citizenship.